CNA classes in Los Angeles offer great opportunities for students
So, you want to be a certified nursing assistant (CNA) and you want to do your training in the Los Angeles, Calif. area. This is a very rewarding career with many opportunities.
CNA certification in California is governed by the California Department of Public Health’s Aide and Technician Certification Section (ATCS), CNA/HHA/CHT Certification Unit. The ATCS is the place that approves all the CNA training programs that are given through facilities, colleges, adult education programs and occupational training centers.
Curriculum of CNA classes in Los Angeles
The CNA classes consist of 50 hours of classroom instruction and 100 hours of clinical training. The CNA classes and clinical training covers all the necessary information you will need to be able to qualify for the job of CNA. Normally, these programs cost about $600 to $1,000 for tuition, education materials, uniforms, and everything else you need.
However, there are some free programs too. Free CNA training is available at several places in California, but sometimes they require that you are one of their employees and then you have to work at that facility after you are certified.
Basic Requirements to attend a CNA program in Los Angeles
Anyone who wants to attend a CNA program in California has to be fingerprinted according to California law. This is done so it can be checked to see if you have a criminal record, and as long as it comes back clear then you will be approved to take training as a CNA in California.
Approved CNA training facilities in the Los Angeles
The following is a list of some of the approved CNA training facilities in the Los Angeles area. You can call the school to find out more information.
- East Los Angeles Occupational Center 323-223-1283
- Fremont Community Adult School 510-793-6465
- Los Angeles County ROP – Alhambra City and High School District 562-922-6854
- Los Angeles County ROP – Alhambra City and High School District Section B S 562-922-6854
- Los Angeles County ROP – Culver City USD – Section B 562-922-6854
- ROP Center – Banning High School 213-241-3158
- ROP Center – Bravo Medical Magnet 213-241-3158
- South Gate Community Adult School 323-569-7104
- Tri Cities ROP – California High School 562-698-9571
Studies have shown that the job outlook for CNAs in California is promising, and the California Employment Development Department is predicting about a 22 percent increase in the need for CNAs in California between now and 2016.
I like to start training as soon as possible as CNA classes.