Your Guide to CNA Classes and Info in Palmdale, CA
With baby boomers approaching retirement, there is a growing need for CNA’s throughout Palmdale, California. If you live in Palmdale and you have always dreamed being part of the healthcare industry, it might be time to consider enrolling in school to become a Certified Nurse Assistant. Not only can you increase your earning potential as a CNA, you can also be part of rewarding and fulfilling career that will enable you to give back to the city of Palmdale. Find out what type of schooling you will need to complete to become a CNA, what schools offer the best programs in Palmdale, and how much you can expect to pay for your training by reading on.
What are the Educational Requirements for CNA’s in Palmdale?
The California Department of Public Health sets all of the training and testing requirements for certified and licensed professionals throughout the state. To become a Certified Nurse Assistant, you must meet the training program requirements, background requirements, and pass a health examination and a state examination for certification.
Details on the Various Requirements to Becoming a CNA in Palmdale
As you might have expected, you must complete an approved training program before you can schedule state testing for your certification. To ensure you do not waste your time in a Palmdale CNA program, programs will have their own requirements that you must meet before enrollment. Review all of these requirements and make sure you meet these requirements before you start reviewing your program options in the area.
1. Be at least 16 years of age.
2. Submit your fingerprints upon enrollment of the program.
3. Have a physical exam prepared by a physician that lists no health conditions or existing health conditions.
4. A recent PPD skin test for tuberculosis.
5. Pass a conviction screening. Applicants can review a list of convictions that automatically lead to denial through the State of California Department of Health Services.
1. You must enroll in training within 4 months if you care for Medicare patients.
2. You must complete 150 hours of training provided through your program.
3. You must pass a skills test and competency test after you complete your program.
The Most Popular CNA Programs in Palmdale
If you are ready to find the right program, you will need to do your homework to verify that the program you choose will teach you everything you need to know to pass your exam. Here are 2 of the most popular state-approved CNA programs to consider:
The Red Cross: A state-approved 171 hour training course that will qualify students to take the State Competency Test.
The Antelope Career Academy: This program is offered in Palmdale on weekdays as well as evenings and weekends.
You can expect to spend $400 to $800 on your training to become a CNA. Some programs also offer scholarships for low income families. Make sure you consider all of your options, make an informed decision, and enroll in a program that will help you change your life.