According to the California Department of Health Services, the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) training curriculum requires 60 hours of class room instruction and 100 hours of hands-on clinical experience. Upon successful completion of the training, the candidates must complete a State competency exam.
Here is the list of some of the state approved schools/universities/colleges offering CNA Classes for those residents of Riverside, CA, who are interested in pursuing a career in the Nursing field:
1. Best American Healthcare University:
The University offers state-approved Certified Nurse Assistant programs for full-time or part-time.
Program Details: The duration of their full-time program is 5 weeks from 6:30am to 3:30pm on weekdays. Part-time program’s duration is 20 weeks which are conducted only on Sundays. The course costs $1600.
Requirements: The following documents are required by the students
1. Physical Examination report
2. Proof of TB test
3. CPR certification
4. The students must wear the Univetrsity’s uniform code which is navy blue scrubs and white foot wears
Contact Information: Call them at 951 637 8332 or 951 637 8333; Fax: 866 213 0018 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to know their convenient payment options. Interested students can click on the link http://www.bestamericanhealthed.com/Certified-Nurse-Assistant.html, to fill their online form.
2. Mission Career College, Riverside, California:
Mission Career College offers Nurse Assistant program with a mission to prepare the students for California Certification as a CNA. The theory classes will be held at the college and the clinical hours will be held at various community-based facilities.
Program Details: The program includes 60 hours of theory, 100 hours of clinical training, BLS/CPR training, license exam, State certification application and much more.
1. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
2. Applicants must pass a health examination
Contact Information: For any questions, call 951-688-7411; Fax: 951-688-7412 or Email to email@example.com
3. Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE)’s Nurse Assistant Program:
The Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE)’s, School of Career Education (SCE) offers Nurse Assistant course through which the students can be prepared to take the state competency exam.
Program Details: The course work includes learning medical/surgical asepsis, anatomy, emergency and safety procedures, vital signs, patient care, physiology and communication and observation skills with more prominence given towards caring for geriatric patients. The trained students must be in a position to demonstrate their nursing knowledge and skills in order to progress for the clinical settings.
1. Applicants must pass basic-skills assessment.
2. Prior to the enrollment, the applicant must take an appointment with the Admissions Office in order to attend an orientation session with a technician.
Program Fee: The fees for the course are $2,200 which includes books, instructional materials and uniform. The program will be conducted at three locations, which are
1. Moreno Valley Learning Center, Moreno Valley: The course schedule is August 15, 2012-December 20, 2012, from 9:00am-1:00pm on Monday through Thursday
2. Creekside HS, Murrieta: At this location, the course begins on August 21, 2012-December 18, 2012, from 9:00am-12:00pm on Monday through Friday
3. Sherman Indian HS, Riverside: At this location, the program schedule is August 27, 2012-January 18, 2013 from 8:30am-11:30am on Monday through Friday
Contact Information: To know the program details and their enrollment procedure, contact them at
SCE Admissions Office-Grindstaff Center, Riverside
9825 County Farm Road
Riverside, CA 92503
Call: (951) 826-6450
4. Riverside Unified School District’s Riverside Adult School’s Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Course:
Riverside Adult School, accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) provides a variety of technical certificate courses to support Riverside residents, who want to pursue their educational goals.
Program Details: The school offers a 17-week course to prepare the graduates in order to meet the CNA certification requirements.
Program Fee: The cost of the program is $637.00, which includes the registration and supplies costs. The cost of the program can change.
1. The applicants must attend Mandatory informational/assessment session located at
Educational Options Center
6401 Lincoln Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506
2. The candidates must demonstrate minimum basic skills in math and reading
3. The candidates must successfully complete CPR/First Aid pre-requisite.
Contact Information: Click on the link for downloading their registration form http://rasweb.rusd.k12.ca.us/RegistrationInfo/RASenroll.pdf. For further details, call them at (951) 788-7185
Get Your CNA!
Find CNA schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.