Healthcare is always in need of quality people to fill its many and varied positions. Those who want to enter the healthcare field may do so with an entry-level position as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant). Once qualified, a CNA may work in a variety of settings:
* Medical clinics
* Nursing homes
* In-home care
Salaries for CNA’s in California average around $32,000 per year. Certified Nurse Assistants who work in hospital settings can expect more pay than those working in nursing homes or in-home settings.
Overall, future employment prospects are expected to be positive for Certified Nurse Assistants, as the field is growing each year.
Job Duties of a CNA
The typical Certified Nurse Assistant may be required to complete a variety of job duties. Some main duties may include:
* Providing services to meet the personal care and life needs of the ill or disabled
* Checking each patient’s vital signs, such as temperature, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, and rate of respiration.
* Assisting with bathing
* All CNA’s regularly report to a nurse and follow her instructions
Requirements in California for Becoming a CNA
To become a CNA in California, an applicant must:
* Be at least 16 years of age
* Pass a physical exam, health-screen, and background check
* Be healthy and strong, able to lift patients
* Have good communication abilities get along well with others
* Complete 150 hours of an approved CNA training program
* Pass the state test for Certified Nursing Assistant qualification
In Stockton, CA, there are a variety of training programs offers for those who want to become qualified to be CNA
s. Five of the many CNA training programs in Stockton, CA are as follows:
1. Good Shepherd Training Program Nurse Aide Course – Stockton
Address: 828 North Hunter Street, Stockton, CA 95202
Phone: (209) 943-6919
2. Golden Living Training Center – Stockton
Address: 4545 Georgetown Place, Suite 14C, Stockton, CA 95207
Phone: (209) 478-4704
3. Healthcare College of California – Stockton
Address: 141 East Acacia Street, Suite B, Stockton, CA 95202
Phone: (209) 469-4877
4. San Joaquin Delta College CNA Training Program – Stockton
Address: 5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA 95207
Phone: (209) 954-5454
5. Solano College of Nursing – Stockton
Address: 6 West Main Street, Suite K-1, Stockton, CA 95202
Phone: (209) 463-0700
6. Xavier College Nurse Aide Training Course – Stockton
Address: 1130 North El Dorado Street, Stockton, CA 95202
Phone: (209) 941-0968
Of these 6 CNA training programs, two offer evening CNA training:
* Healthcare College of California – Stockton
* Solano College of Nursing – Stockton
Become a CNA and Enter the Nursing Field
Most Registered Nurse (RN) programs required certification as a CNA as a prerequisite to the Registered Nurse program. Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) programs also require the same. The Certified Nurse Assistant credential is therefore either a career in and of itself, or alternatively, it may be a stepping stone into a higher nursing position. Those who want to get into nursing may first gain the CNA credentials and then either work as a CNA for a time and go to school later or go directly into an LPN or RN program. Either way, going through a quality training program for Certified Nurse Assistant can be highly valuable.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer